4.21.2009

Dress-up: Legware

She's got legs... knows how to use them!

Am I the only one who remembers that old ZZ Top song?  I hope not...  Anyways, today I'd like to talk about legware.  Now I know some women are scared of any type of stocking like item that isn't sold by Spanx, but trust me ladies, you too can wear garters and the like.  I've converted plenty of women and you self-doubters out there are no different.  The problem with stockings isn't you, it's sizing.

Here's the scenario:  You're in Victoria's Secret.  It's the Semi-Annual Sale.  You find some great, naughty, frilly thing w/ garters, in your size that's priced so low you can't put it down.  You walk over to the stocking section and start looking for your size and you discover that there are plenty A's and B's but not one size C or D.  OR, they only have a C in a terrible color, or, as is usually my case, you get home and they lied.  Size D does NOT fit women up to 5'9" tall, let alone my 5'8" frame.

Buying garter stockings is just like buying any thing else that goes on your lower half.... they're made for imaginary women who are about 5'4" with super slender thighs.  Most of us do not fit that profile.

The solution:  StockinGirl.com!

I stumbled across this site last year and it's been a favorite of mine ever since.  They sell reasonably priced garter stockings in tall and queen sizes, in a variety of styles and colors.  They also have some cute little outfits and good sales as well.

On top of garter stockings they also have a multitude of other legware available from socks to leggings in all types of patterns.

I'm a big fan of legware.  It adds punch to any ensemble and at times can make a naughty outfit. Don't believe me?  Next time you're hanging around the house w/ your honey, throw on snug beater, a pair of boy shorts and a pair of knee high slouch socks, or better yet, a pair of argyle, schoolgirlesq knee socks and some lip gloss and see what happens...

You'll thank me later ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment